Monday, November 26, 2007

You Want Me to What?

One great thing over the Thanksgiving week was my dear husband being off of work. He is such a great help, and he kept the dishes going. Which was pretty tricky considering the timing of eleven or so people trying to take showers.

Trying to walk by the Spirit all day makes me stop, a lot, and ask,"So what should I do now?". It feels like the answer is always, "Unload the dishwasher". Which leads to many questions. Who loaded it to begin with? How can four people make so many dirty dishes? And didn't I just do this?

I've realized that I dislike intensely unloading the dishwasher. So this week of Dan serving his family was especially appreciated by me. Any time in the future he wants to serve this way will be appreciated by the kids, because I've decided they need to learn to use the same cup more than once a sip. Translation: Dishwasher duty.

No comments: