Monday, November 12, 2007

Ten Things I Use Every Day that Honestly, I Don't Take for Granted

My Shower I love my shower, and I thank God for it almost every day. It's best when no one flushes.

Contact lenses I had to wait until I was 16 to get them. Now I need to look into bifocal contacts. They really do make them!

The Van It's old, and people actually make fun of it. But it's paid for, and prayed over a lot.

VCR So, I really want a DVR, but this is still so nice. Now Dan can watch "Heroes" tonight.

Tylenol Unfortunately, my legs ache every night, but this works like a charm so I can sleep.

Electricity We're so fortunate to hardly ever have our power go out, while nearby has lost power for days, several times this year!

Furnace/Air Conditioner We've had to call the service man on both this year. Might have to get a new A/C next summer. The times they weren't working makes us really appreciate them.

My new fridge! It filters the water, which now tastes so great, and makes ice. We danced in front of it for many days after we first got it.

Kitchen floor I waited for so many years for this. It really is great. No more holes. No more excuses not to mop, but that's another post.

Internet Of course there are problems with it, but just this week we were able to find out where to go next in Banjo Kazooie, find Hawk Nelson socks, see what a 14 year-old's blood pressure should be, see exactly where Dan hunted, and check the TV Guide.

I know some people long for the "good old days", but we often say around here that we're glad to be living during this time. Thank you, God, for sharing your creativity with us mere men.

No comments: