Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ten Reminders of God in Nature for Which I'm Thankful

I love nature. Most of it. I don't like bugs. I don't like to get dirt under my fingernails. I don't like to sweat. You've probably figured out by now that I'm not much of a gardener. But I love beautiful. And nature is beautiful. These ten sights make me sigh with praises to our heavenly Father.

A clear blue sky. I especially love the look in late summer and early fall, in the southeast sky, in an afternoon. Not that I'm picky.

A field of sunflowers. Have you noticed their "faces" following the sun? It's so neat to see them all standing and facing the same way.

Autumn leaves. Finally our leaves have changed colors. What a great delight!

A rainbow. Too obvious, but I'm a sucker for one every time.

God clouds. These are rain clouds that the sun is shining through just the edges, or streaming sunlight through holes. There are glowing qualities to these that make me feel like a little bit of God's glory is shining for us.

Sunsets. I'm up when the sun is rising, but civilization is in the way. But sunsets are seen when we're out and about. Crayon makers have nothing on these colors.



Dark blue sky, clear Moon, and Venus. Most mornings I see this when I walk out the door to meet my walking buddy. I always take a few seconds to appreciate the simple beauty.

Lightning. It's beautiful to watch, but I must say I enjoy it most from a great distance.

Mountains.

An ocean of lightning bugs. One night Jeff (ds) and I were driving in the country and saw the most amazing sight. Millions of lightning bugs! Because we were going so fast, their lights seemed to blaze. I can't even describe it, but it was very moving.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love reading your thoughts every morning. It's like a sanctuary; Godly, peaceful, and safe. I know what's waiting for me when I walk in. Love you. Gina