Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Allure of the Lesser, Choosing the Better Part 2

My dh (Dan) offered to do something with our son Chase, that he had been longing to do. Go to Game Stop and look at all the tantalizing video games. How fun! Only it wasn't. Nine year-olds don't understand the concept of window shopping. Do any of us really? Four dollars to his name wasn't enough for any game. It took a few chats to foster the idea of gratitude that his dad chose to do something with him (that Chase desired), instead of being angry that he couldn't buy anything.

After some of my time on the computer, the electricity went out! I laughed and said okay, God. I get it. My kudos to the people who had to suffer the power outage because of me. Ha! I got into my bible study and enjoyed it very much.

We both chose the lesser. Then got second chances. And faced disappointments of not enough money or electrical power. One had the chance to learn gratitude and attitude. One showed the appreciation of discipline. It doesn't always work out this way, but that was a good day.

No comments: