Friday, November 16, 2007

Putting on the Armor

Praying the armor of God is something that has helped me tremendously deal with difficult circumstances. Most particularly when I've had advanced warning. But I wanted to share how I've been gearing up in my battle with the flesh and my weight. Ephesians 6:10-18 NIV

I took liberties to pray them out of order, but this is what I have done.
  1. To be strong in the Lord, I ask Him to fill me with the Holy Spirit, because I do not have the power to do this on my own.
  2. Since I have the helmet of salvation I know that I have access to the mind of Christ. I also ask to take every thought captive.
  3. The belt of Truth is Jesus. I ask that I hear the truth from Him about my habits, eating choices, etc.
  4. The breastplate of righteousness reminds me that I am totally accepted by God. No matter how I do today, He will not love less.
  5. I pray for my feet to be quick to tell others about Jesus, but also to be quick to talk about what he's doing in my life, and to be a peacemaker.
  6. The shield of faith is my protection against the fiery arrows of satan. I pray that I will remember to have faith that all things are possible with Christ when satan tells me I will fail again.
  7. I ask for the Holy Spririt to bring scripture to my memory throughout the day to keep me standing strong against the lies that will be thrown at me.
  8. And finally, I ask God to help me remember to pray at all times.

Was this concrete enough?

1 comment:

Gina said...

From your friend who is always asking, "Whatever THAT means," thank you for spelling it out!
Gina