Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ten Faraway Friends for Whom I am Thankful

Our women's bible study leader has challenged us to write ten things we're grateful for each day for seven days. No repeats. So today in honor of my friend Katara (it's her birthday), I will list ten friends I have been blessed with that I have loved and have loved me. Unfortunately, I don't live near these friends, and even though I think about them very often, I don't pick up the phone, or type the email nearly as often as I should. But when we get together, all the time apart seems minimal, and it seems like we pick right back up where we left off. Truthfully, it was hard to keep it at ten. How blessed I am.
So grateful for...
Sherry you saved my life in 10th grade by becoming my life-long friend
Ann you not only loved me, but my kids, too
Annette 12 years is too long for us to not be in touch
Jody you will never know how much your friendship helped me
Dawnelle a true friend that stood by me
Renee how hard it was to move away from you
Robi proof that a great friend can be made in a short time
Barb building into your life was a lifeline for me
Karen your fingerprints are all over my life
and of course, Katara. Happy, happy birthday my dear, sweet friend.

No comments: