Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Always Something

Exhaustion, bright red cheeks, swollen eyes, sore throat and a cough were the souvenirs Chase brought home from church camp.

He did grow closer to God. Yeah! But he was home sick and physically sick, and that put a damper on things.

He really had me worried about dehydration when he first got home. You know you're a mom when you are happy to hear your son peeing at 2:30 a.m. (12 hours after he arrived home!)

Rehydrated and a little sleep under his belt didn't improve him as much as I had hoped. He wasn't eating or moving, two things he does in usual great quantity.

A trip to the doctor revealed a sinus infection. One dose of antibiotic, then seven hours later an allergic reaction. He had a rash and that uncontrollable, "I gotta itch, or I'm gonna die".

Benadryl, bed, and a call to the doctor. Chase started his new antibiotic an hour ago.

And, he was able to provide fodder for my 100th post!

No comments: