Thursday, June 25, 2009

Found Money

Haven't you heard those storied about "unclaimed money" that the government is holding for you?

Have your thoughts been that it's a scam, or that there would be no money that you didn't know about, or you've lived in the same spot for so long anyone could have found you?

Me, too.

Then I found the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators. I started with the states my husband has lived in. Nothing for him, but over $300 for a nephew.

I finally started looking in my current state, under my current name, and my state is holding $29 for me! I can't begin to describe how excited I am.

Then I found over $50 for my son and more than that for my brother.

I have no idea what the $29 is from. They have listed my last known address as my current one. Someone didn't go to much trouble to find me.

I'm mailing in my claim form tomorrow, and I'll let you know when I get the money.

In the meantime, try it yourself. It only takes a few minutes. You don't need to register for anything.

What have you got to find?

No comments: