Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Third Time's A Charm Warning

A Warning that could be considered a charm if adhered to, noted my good friend.

How exciting that God was showing me where he wanted me to focus. How encouraging that He showed me enough times that I got it through my thick skull. How great that He's going to use this charge to help me with so many of the things about which I've been praying.

Then I read 2 Corinthians 13:1-2 "This is the third time I am coming to visit you. The Scriptures tell us that if two or three have seen a wrong, it must be punished. Well, this is my third warning, as I come now for this visit. I have already warned those who had been sinning when I was there last; now I warn them again, and all others, just as I did then, that this time I come ready to punish severely and I will not spare them."

Scary.

In verse 10 "I am writing this to you now in the hope that I won't need to scold and punish when I come: for I want to use the Lord's authority which he has given me, not to punish you but to make you strong."

So I am doubly (triply?) determined to follow the Lord's commands immediately. The dishes are done. The kids and I have played cards. The planning for school is almost complete.

I'm listening.

No comments: