Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Being Spontaneous

Spontaneity is not my strong suit. Neither is flexibility. But I try.

Last week dh Dan reminded me that he would be working in San Antonio this week. With our van newly fixed, our cat no longer an issue, and school not starting until Aug. 25, we were free to consider going with him. On a lark, I looked into the price of gas compared to the price of an airline ticket which would be reimbursed. It looks like the cost of driving would be only 50 or so dollars more.

Dan's base price of a hotel for only him would be reimbursed. He had one free night's stay certificate. So minimal cost as far as a place to stay.

I've been wanting to take the kids to Sea World ever since I went around four years ago. Motivation.

I held my breath and made the reservations, arrangements, and took the plunge into going.

That's where we are right now.

We are having so much fun. It was such the right decision. I wish I would be braver about "going for it" more.

Remembering this success may encourage me.

No comments: