Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who ARE You Talking To?

Last night, my nine year-old Chase climbed into bed with us after a nightmare. I could then no longer sleep. My husband Dan snuggled in close to Chase and said quietly, "I'm not done with you."

Chase raised concern, "What?!"

In another quiet (read sinister) voice Dan replied, "I'm not talking to you."

"Okay, you're totally scaring the daylights out of me," Chase panicked.

Amidst my outburst of laughter, I told Chase that his dad was talking in his sleep. Then we both laughed so hard.

I still didn't get any sleep.

2 comments:

Maria's Space said...

OMG I have two talkers in my house (my kids), it totally freaks me out sometimes. That would have totally freaked me out.

Who was he talking to?

To Soon To Tell if... said...

He said he was talking to "someone" sitting in the chair next to the bed!