Friday, December 7, 2007

Update on Spirit Guided Weight Loss

I've been looking in the mirror, thinking I've lost some weight, but I really don't have a giant urge to get on the scale. In fact, I don't plan on getting on the scale until...? I don't even have a plan for that. I'm trying to let God be the focus of my life, particularly in what I eat, so I don't want to let the scale be my judge.

As I've been seeking God instead of hiding out in the snack department, I've noticed a few things. I'm a lot more critical than I realized. It's easier to hide my feelings in food than to be honest about things I'm not proud of feeling. I'm taking these to the Lord.

As I've let God know how powerless I am to do this on my own, I've also noticed a few helps. For the first week, ice cream lost all of its appeal to me. I have however perservered to like it again. But a half cup or so suits me just fine.

I have had a greater thirst for plain old water. We have a new refrigerator with water in the door, and the filter makes our otherwise nasty water very tasty. In the past, I've tried to limit my intake of soda to one Diet Rite a day, but now sometimes I go without one for the whole day. And there are other days I have more than one. I'm trying to let the Holy Spirit be my guide, not some hard and fast rule.

Hunger has not been a problem. Also, the sugar cravings I usually have disappeared after I started reading my Bible daily and praying the Armor of God.

None of this to say I feel victorious. This is a big battle for me. The only way I can win it is not in my own power. I really, truly have to pray each day and ask God to fight this battle for me. And guess what? He does!!♥

No comments: