Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Begging for Myrrh

Christmas has become very stressful. We're as busy as usual, only now there's the added pressure of decorating, shopping, cooking, wrapping. We have a tradition that I'm guilty of starting. Almost every year we have cut down our own tree. This year, I'm not sure if any of the farms are open when we're free to go. Plus the weather has been bad. Really wet and/or icy. I'm not sure what we're going to do.

I heard about an idea for presents the other day and searched for it in between chauffeuring today. It's about giving the kids three presents each to represent the three gifts of the magi. Each gift has a tie-in to the original gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. It's titled "Begging for Myrrh".

Instead of another thing to do, it seems like something that will fit in with what we already do, with the terrific bonus of pointing our eyes toward Christ as we celebrate His birthday.

Read it. I think you'll like it.

No comments: