Monday, July 21, 2008

Swooshing Angel Wings




I'm reading the book "90 Minutes in Heaven", and Don Piper tells of hearing the swooshing of Angel wings. That reminded me of the coolest experience I had last week.

I had just fallen asleep, when I heard a swooshing noise, and I awoke with a start thinking, "Jesus is coming!" I was so excited and filled with Joy! Then nothing happened.

Several thoughts all at once...
Did He take everyone but me? But no, I wasn't worried about that.
Nothing, no trumpet or other noise and Dan wasn't stirring, so I knew He wasn't really coming. Imminently , I mean.
And just pure joy.

And how great is that? I'm glad to know that Jesus' return will fill me with such gladness, and not fear or worry.

Even now when I think about it, I can still feel that joy. Neat.

No comments: