Thursday, June 12, 2008

Above All Again

Seventeen years ago, I was at a single's conference with two friends. One of those friends (Renee) and I have stayed in touch over the years even though I moved away. During that conference, I felt like God put a desire and call in my heart to speak for him. As in some type of public speaking.

But I remarried and had two more children. I've been busy homeschooling them and participating in various ministries. Over time, I've been able to speak a little here and there. Usually just short five to seven minutes segments.

But I was given the opportunity to be the speaker at a women's event two nights ago. I was able to share how women reflected God's love to me throughout my life. It was awesome, and I might tell more.

One of the coolest things was that my friend Renee "just happened" to be in town that night. How appropriate and so very special that Renee was able to be there for the culmination of this very old dream!! God is so good indeed.

No comments: